Since 1924, the Women’s Institute of Prince Edward Island has played an integral part in Old Home Week. Members from over 100 branches across the island host this display of unique talents in the Handicraft and Arts Exhibit in a friendly competition. Visit display on the second level in the Centre Ice Lounge of the Eastlink Centre.
There are many different classes to enter ranging from quilting to rug hooking, knitting to sewing, art to photography, food to flowers.
P.E.I. Women’s Institute – Special Awards and Prizes presented on Awards Day, Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 10:30 a.m.
Other Special Prizes
- It’s a Family Tradition to the family who accumulates the most points in the exhibition – Louise Andrews & Melissa Morrow
- The Rug Hookers Guild of Nova Scotia sponsor entries for The Best in the Maritimes Competition…
- Judge’s Choice for P.E.I. entry in Best Traditional Hooked Floor Mat in the Maritimes – Linda Marchbank
- Judge’s Choice for PEI’s entry in Best Other Hooked Article – Nancy Sutcliffe
- PEI WI Alumni
- Most Points in Roses – Eric Laird
- Most Points in Youth Foods – Bethany Pineau