Old Home Week Event Manager
PEI Provincial Exhibition Inc.
This is a full time, permanent position beginning May 2016.
The 2016 Old Home Week will be held from August 11-20. The PEI Provincial Exhibition Inc is committed “to do all things that may enable the production of a high quality provincial exhibition of livestock, crops and handcrafts on P.E.I.” We strive to promote livestock, crops, forestry, fisheries, agri-food and handcraft sectors of Prince Edward Island’s economy through competitions and interactive displays. We are PEI’s Family Fun Fair, and as such we are dedicated to providing a wide variety of entertainment and fun for our guests.
Under the direction of the PEI Provincial Exhibition Board of Directors (a volunteer committee made up of representatives from various member organizations), the incumbent is responsible for planning and executing as aspects of Old Home Week, including (but not limited to):
- Coordinate and complete all required duties to host eleven Livestock and Horse Shows;
- Sourcing, booking and scheduling family friendly entertainment;
- Lead and motivate a team of 100+ members for two months of the year;
- Responsible for all budgeting and financial management;
- Responsible for all marketing, advertising and promotional decisions and execution of the marketing plan;
- Find creative and unique ways to promote Agriculture Awareness;
- Secure sponsorships and other funding for the event;
- Media spokesperson for organization including radio, print and television;
- Manage website and social media; and
- Report to a volunteer Board of Directors on a monthly basis and create an annual report each year following the event.
- Post-secondary education in business or agriculture or a suitable combination of education and previous work experience;
- Proven experience in event planning and/or project management;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Knowledge or experience with Simply Accounting;
- Knowledge of the PEI Agricultural Industry would be considered an asset;
- Ability to coordinate volunteers and motivate others to action;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve with mature judgement and initiative;
- Ability to work competently and efficiently as part of a high energy volunteer committee, as well as independently; and
- Excellent people skills and ability to adapt quickly to last minute changes.
This position requires long hours during the month of August. Salary range $36,000-$40,000 and will commensurate with qualifications and experience. If you are interested in being considered, please submit your application by mail or email to:
PEI Provincial Exhibition Inc
Strothard Rodd, President
PO Box 3070
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N9
Application Deadline: Friday April 8, 2016
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.