Old Home Week Event Coordinator
PEI Provincial Exhibition Inc.
This is a one year term position beginning March 2015 (Position could be held until May2015 to accommodate the right candidate). Old Home Week is August 13-22, 2015. The PEI Provincial Exhibition Inc is committed “to do all things that may enable the production of a high quality provincial exhibition of livestock, crops and handcrafts on P.E.I.” We strive to promote livestock, crops, forestry, fisheries, agri-food and handcraft sectors of Prince Edward Island’s economy through competitions and interactive displays. We are PEI’s Family Fun Fair, and as such we are dedicated to providing a wide variety of entertainment and fun for our guests.
Under the direction of the PEI Provincial Exhibition Board of Directors (a volunteer committee made up of representatives from various member organizations), the incumbent is responsible for developing, promoting, and coordinating Old Home Week, including (but not limited to) all duties of hosting 11 Livestock and Horse Shows, Advertising and Promotion, Budgeting and Finances of the event, Promoting Agriculture Awareness in creative and new ways, and Creating a Final Report for the Committee.
- This position is ideal for an individual interested in event planning or someone with similar experience, previous management skills a definite asset;
- Applicants should have a post-secondary education in business or agriculture or related experience, knowledge of the PEI Agricultural Industry a bonus, but not required;
- Ability to co-ordinate volunteers, motivate others to action, and possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Strong interpersonal, advisory and organizational skills will be required and the ability to prioritize and problem solve combined with mature judgement and initiative;
- The ability to work competently and efficiently as part of a high energy volunteer committee, as well as, independently is an asset, leadership skills required.
- Applicants should have great people skills, able to quickly adapt to last minute changes
- Knowledge or Experience with Simply Accounting preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Monday January 26, 2015
For More Information please contact Rayanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be addressed to Strothard Rodd, President, PEI Provincial Exhibition Inc. Please submit your resume to
PEI Provincial Exhibition Inc
PO Box 3070
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N9